Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease (A.B.I.M.)
Board Certified in Interventional Cardiology (A.B.I.M.)
Board Certified in Echocardiography (N.B.E.)
Board Certified in Internal Medicine (A.B.I.M.)
Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP)
Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial System
Woodland Heights Medical Center
PAM Specialty Hospital
Medical School: Osmania Medical College, Osmania University 1973
Internship/Residency: Albert Einstein College Bronx/Lebanon Hospital 1975-1978
Fellowship: Albert Einstein College Bronx/Lebanon Hospital 1978-1980
American College of Cardiology
American College of Chest Physicians
American Medical Association
Texas Medical Association
Chief of Cardiology at Memorial Medical Center/CHI St Luke’s Health-Memorial 2000-present
Chief of Cardiology at Woodland Heights Medical Center 1986-2015
Board member at Woodland Heights Medical Center 2004-2012
Chief of Staff at Woodland Heights Medical Center 1998-2000
President of Angelina County Medical Society 1998-2000
President of the Heart Institute of East Texas 1982-present
Cardiovascular Service Line (MSA) Chairman, CHI St Luke’s Health-Memorial 2013-present
Member, Board of Directors, CHI St Luke’s Health-Memorial 2013-present
Awards and Honors:
- As Chief of Cardiology and ACC Champion Cardiologist – led the team at CHI St Luke’s Memorial to achieve Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence in 2018 and 2019 and Pioneer Award in 2019 from ACC – one of the first 10 hospitals to receive such an award.
- As Chief of Cardiology and ACC Champion Cardiologist – led the team at CHI St Luke’s Memorial to achieve Heart Failure Accreditation from ACC – the 7th hospital in Texas to receive this recognition.
- TMF Physician Practice Quality Improvement Award 2019.
- “The Best Cardiologist in Lufkin” Reader’s Choice, Lufkin Daily News for 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Super Doctor in Texas – Texas Monthly 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Grant recipient from Boston Scientific in 2018 and 2019 for prevention of cardiovascular diseases in rural East Texas.
- 2018 HIET was awarded a certificate of Recognition for its commitment to providing high quality. cardiovascular care as demonstrated by participation in the NCDR “PINNACLE Registry” by the ACC.
- Heart Institute of East Texas Recognized as “Small Business of the Year” for Texas Forest Country by Governor Gregg Abbott in 2017.
Heart Institute of East Texas Recognized as Small Business of the Year by the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce in 2017.
- Recognized as “Lufkin Man has Heart for East Texans’ Health” by Lufkin Daily News in 2013.
KTRE 9 Platinum Award, “Favorite Cardiologist in 2010.”
- Healthcare Professional of the Year awarded by Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce 2008.
- Recognized as “The Cardiologist Who Made A Difference” in Lufkin, by The Lufkin Daily News in 1999.
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship throughout medical college.